Staplegrove Church School Curriculum Vision
The Staplegrove Church School curriculum is underpinned by the school’s vision of being a learning family, enabling all members of the school community to be the best version of themselves.
At its heart are the school’s Christian values and ethos which are lived through everyday life at school.
The curriculum is deliberately planned to:
- Be coherent, meaningful and purposeful with carefully planned progression enabling pupils to develop and weave together knowledge and skills.
- Enable children to reinforce and systematically build upon their knowledge and skills year on year.
- Be demanding and aspirational, encouraging children to think and enable children to navigate the world they encounter.
- Equip all children with the academic skills they will require for success in their future education and life.
- Enable all children to develop their individual talents and strengths and have aspirations for the future.
- Encourage children to develop pride and participation in school life and recognise they have a part to play in their local and wider society.
- Offer meaningful experiences, enrichment and opportunities to develop cultural capital.
- Promote the wellbeing of children, including developing emotional literacy and resilience.
- Provide opportunities to celebrate the achievements of individuals and the school community.
Our Curriculum is delivered through high quality, robust schemes of learning. Each scheme builds sequentially with clear coverage and progression across year groups.
In addition to our curriculum schemes, you may also find out more about the National Curriculum from the Department for Education Website.
Click on pages below for more detailed subject specific information.
- Read Write Inc for phonics : you can find out more about Read Write Inc here.
- White Rose for maths: you can find out more about White Rose here.
- Number Sense for maths: you can find out more about Number Sense here.
- Cornerstones for science, geography, history, art and design and design technology: you can find out more about Cornerstones here.
- SCARF for PSHE: you can find out more about SCARF here
- Language Angels for Modern Foreign Languages: you can find out more about Language Angels here.
- Charanga for music: you can find out more about Charanga here.
- Real PE for PE: you can find out more about Real PE here
- Mr P ICT D.A.R.E.S. for computing: you can find out more about D.A.R.E.S here.