Our vision is to instil our children with a love of languages, with a curiosity to learn a new language and persevere and develop their skills to be confident speakers in a second or third language. Our chosen language is French and we encourage our children to not only be able to speak and write in French but to immerse themselves in the ways of a different culture and traditions.
- Each year group in Key Stages 1 and 2 have a 30 minute French lesson every week.
- We follow Language Angels and begin with learning the phonemes
- A structured approach to learning French ensures the children can build and consolidate their language skills and use this when new topics are introduced.
- Learning in French lessons explores the ability to speak and write in French.
- Children will experience French cultures and traditions.
Staplegrove pupils will possess the skills to converse in French with confidence and have an understanding of life outside of our traditions and culture.
BBC Bitesize French
Here you will find activities to practise your French skills as well as learn songs and play games.