Geography at Staplegrove will encourage children's inquisitiveness and curiosity about the world in which they live and their place in it. Our curriculum is planned to nourish and enrich children's geographical understanding. We teach geography because it provides children with opportunities to:
Gain knowledge about:
- Diverse places, people, resources, natural and human environments.
- The Earth's key physical and human processes.
- The formation and use of landscapes and environments.
- How the earth's features are shaped, interconnected and change over time.
Develop skills in:
- The use of maps, globes, aerial photographs and digital mapping.
- Naming and identifying countries, continents and oceans and other significant physical features.
- Communicate information in a variety of different ways.
We believe that every child should be inspired to become global citizens, developing a connection and understanding of the world and their place within it in order to become confident Staplegrove geographers.
Useful Websites for Geography: