Music has been a part of every known society, past and present. The sense of wonder of music has touched human societies throughout history, from the first song written in Syria 3,400 years ago to today’s modern era of music.
We teach music at Staplegrove because it provides children with an opportunity to:
- Perform, listen to, review and evaluate music.
- Sing, create and compose music.
- Understand how music is created, produced and communicated.
- Develop an understanding of the elements of sound.
- Understand the vocabulary of music.
- Appreciate the joy of music and singing.
- Have a range of musical experiences and skills.
We recognise that music develops children’s cultural capital and becomes part of the narrative of their lives, bringing colour to the experiences that shape them. It will offer our children the chance to understand, perform and create in an aural dimension that often sits outside our capacity to describe in words.
Useful Music Websites